Monday, March 21, 2011

Abigail - 4 Weeks


Today our baby girl is one month old! I really can't believe all that has happened in these four weeks. Abigail is quite a fighter. Her biggest goal right now is to keep recovering from her surgery and put on some weight. Once she is fully recovered and ready we will start talking about heart surgery. Her heart is stable right now and as long as it stays that way we are in the clear to wait on surgery. We are still waiting to see if the surgery on her liver is working and with that only time will tell. She has gradually moved up to taking 30ml by bottle every three hours and is slowly putting on weight. Until she is up to her full formula feeds, she will be getting nutrients through her TPN and lipids. Last night the central line in her neck was leaking, so it had to be removed. So, now she has a new IV in her hand. We are hoping she won't need another central line until closer to her next surgery.

Thank you for checking in on Abigail and continuing to pray for our family. I whispered into her ear the other night "I didn't know it was possible for so many people to be praying for one little girl." We are humbled, grateful, and so thankful for the support we have been given!

Before her central line came out.


Our sweet blessing.

21 Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
22
Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
23
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
24
I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”
25
The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;
26
it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

Lamentations 3:21-26


Great Is Thy Faithfulness!


3 comments:

Susie Cassle said...

So precious....looks like she's smiling!! Lifting you all up to Him. Love, Susie

Debbie said...

Steph and Jody,

That Abigail is just cute as a little bug. I know you all are so proud of her. Tim and I pray for her consistently and know the Lord has his hand in all her health issues. Her great aunt Debbie and her great uncle Tim love her and think she is just the berries! Love, Debbie

HILER said...

She is so sweet, Steph! I pray for your family daily...you are a strong lady. Must be where she gets it!