Wednesday, October 08, 2008

TRAVEL, TRAVEL, TRAVEL

So, the past few months have been so busy with so many destinations! Jody and I love to travel, so I'm not complaining! Starting in June we took a trip with Jody's family to Pitkin,Colorado. It is a little town outside Gunnison. We stayed in this cute little cabin in the mountains and enjoyed a week of adventure there. We did a little white water rafting, fishing and a little four wheeling. I have to say the boys spent most of the time on the four wheelers since I am a big chicken.In August my mom, my sister and I all went to Las Vegas for a few days. We stayed at the MGM Grand and it was a great place to stay. While we were there we enjoyed the show Mystere by Cirque du Soleil and it was amazing. I have to say my feet haven't hurt that bad in a long time!! We had a great time and didn't lose too much money! (I actually came back $10 up!)Labor day weekend Jody and I went to Pasadena, CA to see his brother Jon who goes to seminary out there. Pasadena is a cool town outside of LA and it seemed to be great place to stay outside of all the madness. We like the more low key side of things, so we loved it! It was so fun seeing all there is to see in Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Santa Monica. I do have to say we weren't that impressed with Hollywood. It was just a street! It was so glamorous in our minds, but not as cool once you get there. While we were there we also went to a LA Dodgers game and enjoyed some dodger dogs!After the LA trip I went on a girls trip to the river that was almost ruined by hurricane IKE. It actually turned out to be the best time to go because there was no one on the river and we seemed to have the place to ourselves. It also didn't even rain on us!! Meanwhile Jody was dove hunting with his buddies.

My most recent adventure was to Albuquerque, NM for a nursing conference. I am a member of APHON (Association of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Nurses) and the conference was for its members nationally. It was so cool to see the upcoming treatments for cancer and all the new technology.
Somehow between trips we seem to fit in a little work! We are also continuing to work on our house. That seems to be a never ending project. One day when we finally get everything the way we like it, it will be time to move!

1 comment:

Kandice said...

look at you, traveler! :) i'm so jealous... i won't be able to go anywhere for a long, long time, i'm afraid...
i know how you feel about the "ongoing project". i felt like that about my house, and now that it's actually really nice and fixed up, i have to leave it. i had no idea i would be so attached... be forewarned!