Sunday, October 19, 2008

Salt Lake City

I just got back on Friday from another conference! This one was much different than the one a few weeks ago. Don't get me wrong I love, love, love learning about my specialty, but this trip was just handled much different. Salt Lake is beautiful and it wasn't too cold yet! In the distance you could see snow on the mountains, but in the city the temperature was just right. On this trip as opposed to the last there were more important people from the hospital with us and the conference held a little over 5,000 people! We are a magnet hospital which is excellence in nursing. It is a standard of nursing and all the people at the conference either work for a magnet hospital or are trying to achieve that status. It was a bit of a learning curve for me because the topics were a little deep. It was a lot of the business side of things like recruitment, money and legal issues. I couldn't believe how well we were treated! They put us up in the nicest hotel and took us to the nicest places to eat. We stayed at the Grand America Hotel and it was absolutely beautiful! I would definitely go back. All in all it was a fun trip!

Our group from Cook Children's!


My good friend Lana and I at dinner!

1 comment:

Paige said...

I went to Salt Lake once for a mavs vs. jazz game and we stayed in the same hotel you did. It was one of the nicest hotels I have ever been to. I loved it! The players all stayed there too. Very cool.