Friday, February 06, 2009

Updates

It has been a really long time since I did my last post! It is time for a little update on what's been happening with us over the past few months. Starting with .....Thanksgiving, we had lunch with Jody's extended family in Nocona,TX. I had to work the night before and the night of, so I was a little pooped. It was nice, however, to be able to do it all.

Then a few weeks later was my birthday. We went to Cheesecake Factory with my mom, brother and Jody's parents. I really love the Cheesecake Factory!
A few weeks later we went down to Austin/San Marcos, TX for my cousin Justin's graduation. He graduated from Texas State and then after it his parents had a party for him at the country club. They always know how to have fun, so we had a great time!After that came Christmas. We went to Abilene, TX for a few days to be with my extended family. My mom has 3 sisters and 2 brothers and all the families, except 1 (In South Carolina) were able to be there together. It was the first time in a really long time! This year I had several days off around Christmas, so it was nice to be able to enjoy the holidays.
New Year's was a pretty low key one this year. We went to eat at Rockfish with my mom and then over to our friends Chris and Jessi Mitchell's house.

Right after New Year's was the Cotton Bowl. We are die hard Tech fans, so we had to be there. Other than the losing part we had a really great time! We got there early to do some tailgating and it almost felt like college again!
That weekend my cousin Timothy and his new bride Ali got married in Bryan,TX. We drove down for the day and were able to spend time with family. The wedding was beautiful and we are so happy for them!That next Monday my mom, sister and I all went to see Celine Dion. She is amazing! We got tickets a full year in advance and it was something my mom has been wanting to do for years! I am so glad we were able to take her and Celine was better than I even imagined. It was well worth the wait!

A few weeks later on January 12th my uncle tragically passed away. So, since I happen to have the end of that week off and my mom works for Southwest Airlines (making for easy travel), we went to South Carolina for the funeral. We flew into Columbia, but we actually stayed in Camden. My memaw, papaw and mom and I all made the trek together. There were many more people from Texas that wanted to go, but it was just too last minute. My aunt and her family were there most of the week and stayed a little longer to help out. He was in law enforcement, so it was a really neat experience to see them present the flag and everything.The last few weekends have been fun because I haven't had to work and we were able to do some fun things around here. We went to our Sunday school chili cook off/ game night, the Ft. Worth Stock Show and Rodeo and we went to Chris and Jessi's for the Super Bowl.So, that brings us to this past weekend I worked all weekend and Jody went to Arkansas. He was helping our friend Blake and his dad at their tree farm. Now we are back to the daily grind (or nightly for me), I am back to work tonight. I will try not to wait so long between posts next time!

2 comments:

The Williams Family said...

Sounds like ya'll have had a busy past few months. I love the picture of the dogs and the lights

HILER said...

Thanks for the update! I've been wondering how you were.